Alcodex has immense expertise in Linux:
Board bringup and bootloading:
Experience in board bringup and porting/developing Boot Loaders for several types of processors
- ARM 7,
- ARM 9 - Atmel SAM9G25, SAM9X35, SAM9X25,
- ARM –Cortex A5 (Atmel SAMA5D31, SAMA5D34, SAMA5D35),
- ARM –Cortex A9 – (freescale i.MX 6 series, Altera's Cyclone V SoCs),
- ARM Cortex-A8 (BeagleBoard based on SoC TI OMAP3530)
- PowerPC, MIPS architecture based boards and SoCs.
- Also, expertise with open source frameworks like Redboot and Uboot.
- Linux Kernel bug fixing.
- Providing support to new hardware in Linux by implementing driver modules and integrating with the kernel.
- Kernel Porting – porting kernel versions 3.10.17, 3.10.9, 3.6.9, 2.6 and 2.4 to different architectures.
Linux File System Support
- File System (RomFS, ProcFS, JFFS2) porting to various kernels and frameworks.
Linux Driver & Application Programming
- Driver development.
- Implementation of network protocols and stacks.
- Userspace applications.
- Opensource applications porting.
- GCC porting.
Linux Libraries & Tool Chains Development
Linux Virtualization Technologies
- Open source virtualization technologies such as, XEN.
- Linux friendly board design.
- Porting/Migrating existing systems.